Monday, April 5, 2010

Thai Honesty

Three weeks ago, me and my girlfriend had our dinner at KFC in Topland Hotel. We had a very interesting conversation and had a wonderful meal too. After couple of minutes of making jokes and being oblivious of the things around us, we decided to leave the place.

Two days later, my gf told me she can't find her purse. Since we visited a friend a day after that, we thought she forgotten it there (the purse by the way doesn't have lots of cash...just some important docs and atm cards, of course). We called our friend and to our horror, it was not there. I even checked it with the immigration office because we went there too, but still to no avail.

We decided to report the matter to the bank and close all atm cards or change it perhaps.When we arrived at the hotel (also mall), my stomach became a friend in disguise because we immediately went to the KFC first. I made my order and was told by one of the crews that they saw a purse with my gf's pic (they were looking at my gf... probably making sure if she was the lady on the pic). Once the verification process was finished, they gave it back to us.

Here is a pic of Kemp

As a goodwill gesture, we paid the lunch of Kemp (the crew who found the purse). We found her very kind and soft spoken. She was also shy of getting her pic taken. I know this type of thing is not new, however in this world we live in...very few can still do the act that was done by her.


To Kemp...Thank you very much. Continue being you and I am sure that you have a long way ahead.

Visit my other blog about South East Asia. Click here.

1 comment: